Going outside, breathing fresh air and changing one’s surroundings every day is good for physical and mental health. For the elderly, it also helps relieve boredom. However, if your loved one has mobility issues, getting out takes a great deal of energy.
If they are resistant, you can gently encourage them in small steps. Put a comfortable chair by an open window where they can sit with a cup of coffee or tea, breathe fresh air and view activity on the street.
You can also speak to us at Gentle Wave, where our competent, caring aids provide the companionship and help (dressing, shopping, cooking, etc.) that will add enjoyment, activity and increased safety to their day.
Gentle Wave provides a range of services for seniors and those with disabilities or special needs, including:
- Shopping, arranging for deliveries, unpacking and organizing
- Coordinating appointments with utility workers, handymen, landlords
- Picking up dry cleaning, holiday decorations, magazines/newspapers
- Balancing checkbooks, invoice paying, postal issues
- Companionship for entertainment and outings
- Administrative and travel assistance for medical consultations
- Assistance with the logistics for selection of health professionals and institutions
- Assistance with mobility and transportation needs
- Arrangements for purchase and delivery of pharmaceuticals and durable medical equipment
- Check-ins from day-to-day.